The residency exchange for graphic designers specializing in artistic printing has been organized for five years. Thanks to it, Maja Dokudowicz, Natalia Tarnawa, Katarzyna Roman and Dominika Ziober-Król could already work in Germany. According to residency terms, the selected artist will receive accommodation, work space and allowances, including travel costs and purchase of materials.
Grafikwerkstatt in Dresden
Designers have at their disposal over 600 square meters of space filled with traditional and modern work equipment, which allows them to create designs using many different techniques. It is also a meeting place for Dresden’s cultural scene and a residence space for artists from many countries. Apart from Wrocław, graphic designers from Sweden, the USA, France and Greece regularly come to Grafikwerkstatt.
Residence in autumn 2021
A four-week residence for a person from Wrocław is planned for autumn 2021 (September 20 – October 16). Graduates of art universities who specialize in workshop graphics and who create or live in Wrocław are invited to apply. Applications can be submitted until April 16 and the results will be announced two weeks later on April 30.
How to apply?
Applications for recruitment may be submitted in paper form (max. A4 format) at the General Office of the City of Wrocław (Bogusławskiego 8-10 Street; room S4, ground floor) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 16, 2021 at the latest.
The application shall be submitted by the following documents in Polish:
– CV (with an indication of the exhibitions and art projects carried out),
– cover letter (in the letter, please present the issues and activities undertaken in your latest artistic work and the plan for an artistic residency in Dresden),
– portfolio with a presentation of the main projects (max. 5 different projects),
– declaration of availability within the period 20/09 – 16/10/2021,
– declaration of compliance with the information obligation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data,
– consent to participate in a survey examining the artists’ opinion on the cultural policy pursued by the City of Wrocław (optional).
The competition announcement and all information about the call for proposals are available at: www.strefakultury.pl/nabory.
Maja Dokudowicz is the author of the work “TRACES OF THE CITY” used in the recruitment campaign.